DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ Hamid Karzai declared winner of Afghanistan’s presidential election without the planned runoff election taking place because the runner-up withdrew from the planned runoff.
2. __________________ The runner-up withdrew from the planned runoff election for Afghan president because he didn’t believe he was the best candidate for the job.
3. __________________ Chinese meteorologists seeded clouds above Beijing in an effort to make it snow to relieve the prolonged drought in the area.
4. __________________ Snow falls 13-14 times each winter in Beijing.
5. __________________ Through ballot measures in 33 of 34 states same-sex marriage has been approved by the voters.
6. __________________ Same-sex marriage has not become law through a vote of the people in any state.
7. __________________ As pro-government rallies took place in Iran on Thursday to commemorate the storming of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran, government opponents used the same day to protest the regime.
8. __________________ Iranian security forces responded to the protesters by allowing them to march peacefully through the cities.
9. __________________ The bill House Republicans propose as an alternative to the Democrats’ bill is named the Common Sense Health Care Reform and Affordability Act.
10. __________________ White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said anyone watching the conservative protest at Capitol Hill this week “is struck by the fact that there’s a rally going on without a solution on their side.”