DIRECTIONS: For the bolded part of each statement write TRUE or FALSE next to the statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ McDonald’s has required all franchisees to extend breakfast for two reasons: to respond to customers’ requests that they do so and as an effort to revive business following a decline in sales.
2. __________________ The main problems McDonalds franchisees have with the extended breakfast menu are that it is slowing down service and increasing profit from breakfast items.
3. __________________ The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Transportation Department are developing a drone registration regulation. They’ll recommend which drones should be required to register and which should be exempted, and design a system that would be easy for commercial operators to comply with, the department said.
4. __________________ The federal government will require many drone aircraft to be registered, a move prompted by the growing number of reported close calls and incidents that pose safety risks.
5. __________________ A spokeswoman for the Department of Homeland Security said this week that two of the top 2016 presidential candidates, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, have requested protection from the U.S. Secret Service.
6. __________________ Federal law authorizes the U.S. Secret Service to provide protection for major presidential and vice presidential candidates. Protection is authorized by the DHS Secretary after consultation with the Congressional Advisory Committee, which includes the following people: Speaker of the House, House Minority Leader, the campaign managers of those making the request for protection, and one additional member selected by the others.
7. __________________ Three NY teens were recently arrested for hacking into their high school’s computer system and changing the schedules of 300 students and changing the grades of at least two students.
8. __________________ The “mastermind” faces two burglary counts, three counts of computer tampering, three counts of identity theft, one count of computer trespass and one count of eavesdropping. His two friends were both charged with one count of computer tampering and one count of criminal solicitation. If convicted, they could face having their names put on the national computer offender registry.
9. __________________ A recently concluded study on marijuana use in the U.S. found that the proportion of teens using and abusing marijuana at least doubled between 2001 and 2013.
10. __________________ The American Academy of Pediatrics is opposed to the legalization of marijuana because of its negative effects on the developing brains of children and adolescents, such as impaired memory and problem solving.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.