DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ It was reported this week that Pennsylvania residents won’t be able to use their driver’s licenses as ID to get into federal buildings or board planes for much longer because they don’t meet the requirements of the federal REAL ID Act.
2. __________________ The REAL ID Act is a federal law enacted after 9/11. It is supposed to make it harder for underage students to get a fake ID.
3. __________________ For the third time in a week, a U.S. Navy destroyer was targeted in a failed missile attack from territory in Yemen.
4. __________________ Iranian-backed Houthi rebels were responsible for the attacks on the U.S. Navy destroyer.
5. __________________ The final presidential debate was held this week. Third party candidates Libertarian Gary Johnson and Green Party candidate Jill Stein participated in this last debate.
6. __________________ One of the topics for this week’s presidential debate was entitlements. Entitlements are spending for government program guaranteeing access to some benefit by members of a specific group and based on established rights or by legislation, such as Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.
7. __________________ Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter have blocked the company Geofeedia from access to their data after it was revealed that some activists and protesters were tracking police officers via the Geofeedia platform.
8. __________________ Geofeedia collects publicly available social media data. The companies blocked Geofeedia’s access after the ACLU noted conflicts between the companies’ privacy policies and the sharing of user data.
9. __________________ Two Democratic political operatives were fired/left their jobs after two undercover investigative videos were released this week.
10. __________________ Speaking to the undercover journalist, one of the men discusses how people might be brought from outside the state to commit voter fraud.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.