DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ On Sunday, October 13, 2013 the Million Vet March will take place at 9:00 a.m. at the Vietnam Memorial in Washington DC.
2. __________________ The purpose of the Million Vet March is to voice frustration with the federal government for blocking men and women who served in the military from visiting the memorials honoring their service.
3. __________________ Due to the government shutdown, the Obama administration has blocked access to anything government-owned, including: parks, recreation areas, museums, websites and outdoor memorials.
4. __________________ Tools for monitoring Americans online have recently become accessible and affordable and are being used more and more frequently by hospitals, churches and doctors’ offices.
5. __________________ One online monitoring company hired by a school district examines the public posts pinged by its monitoring technology, and sends daily reports back to the schools. Public posts that use terms that signify drug use, bullying, truancy and violations of the school’s code of conduct, etc. are examined for context, and reported if they warrant concern.
6. __________________ Another name for the Affordable Care Act is Obamalaw.
7. __________________ The full name of the the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
8. __________________ According to a CBS News report no one knows how many people have enrolled in the health care exchanges because the number is too great to count.
9. __________________ CBS also reports that media outlets have had trouble finding anyone who successfully enrolled in the health exchange.
10. __________________ Researchers in Chicago announced in September that a 32-year-old man successfully controlled movements of an experimental motorized artificial leg using only his own thoughts. He is the first person to have been able to control such a prosthetic by brain signals alone.