DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ While support for the Democratic Party fell among young voters this year, the number of young voters who identified themselves as Republicans grew this year.
2. __________________ The reasons young Democrats have for not voting in midterms election this year include the ideas that most students don’t care about elections in general and young people are disillusioned after Obama’s promised change did not occur.
3. __________________ The U.S. is building a multi billion super military base on Guam in an attempt to contain Russia’s military buildup.
4. __________________ The U.S. military expansion on Guam will include a dock for a nuclear powered aircraft carrier and a missile defense system.
5. __________________ It was reported this week that Japan may increase the size of its submarine fleet because of concerns over the expansion of the Chinese navy.
6. __________________ Japan’s submarine fleet is believed to be better than China’s because the Japanese have three times more subs than the Chinese.
7. __________________ The FBI this week arrested a Pakistani-American for plotting to sell arms to the Chinese.
8. __________________ Farooque Ahmed, the Pakistani-American who believed he was working with al Qaeda, told his contact that he could travel overseas for jihad after returning from a pilgrimage to the Holy Land to see the birthplace of Jesus.
9. __________________ A seafood company in China has begun selling live lobsters in vending machines in some train stations.
10. __________________ The company believed commuters would use their vending machines because they don’t have time to go fishing themselves.