DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ Columbus Day was proclaimed a national holiday in the United States by President John F. Kennedy.
2. __________________ Christopher Columbus wrote a book entitled Book of Prophecies in which he said God put the belief into his mind that it would be possible to sail to the Indies.
3. __________________ The youngest son of North Korea’s leader Kim Jong-il is Kim Jong-un.
4. __________________ Kim Jong-il’s oldest son said in an interview recently that he approves of the idea of a transfer of power in North Korea to a third generation of his family.
5. __________________ The Obama administration lifted the moratorium this week on deep water drilling it had imposed after the BP oil disaster occurred.
6. __________________ Environmental groups support the President’s decision to lift the moratorium on deep water drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
7. __________________ The 33 Chilean miners rescued this week had been trapped for 7 days before rescue workers located them in a refuge deep underground.
8. __________________ Chile’s president Hugo Chavez greeted the last miner rescued by telling him “Like a good captain would do, you were the last one to abandon the ship.”
9. __________________ The rescue capsule that brought the trapped Chilean miners to the surface was designed by NASA engineers.
10. __________________ First named “Escape Vehicle” by the Americans, then “Rescue Capsule” by Chilean engineers, the capsule is simply know as “Phoenix.”