DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ Under current law, the U.S. Postal Service can only close post offices that are operating at a deficit.
2. __________________ The U.S. Postal Service loses money every year because the of the billions of dollars paid for retiree health costs, and because fewer and fewer people send letters.
3. __________________ Attendees of the annual March for Life in Washington D.C. were asking the government to ban federal funding for abortions, or at lease tighten bans on the funding.
4. __________________ March for Life organizers focused on mobilizing senior citizens to join their march.
5. __________________ The State of the Union address is a monthly event where the President of the United States makes an address to the country.
6. __________________ In his State of the Union address this week, President Obama promised among other things to veto any earmarks placed on bills, lower the corporate tax rate and invest in high-speed rail.
7. __________________ Protesters in Egypt and Yemen have taken to the streets this week demanding that their presidents step down from office.
8. __________________ In both Egypt and Yemen, the presidents have been in power for approximately 13 years each.
9. __________________ In both Egypt and Yemen, the presidents have denied that they are preparing their sons to take over the presidency when they leave office.
10. _________________ The current presidents of both Egypt and Yemen are allies of the United States.