1. In what year did the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. make his “I Have a Dream” speech at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C.?
2. What idea did Dr. King promote in his speech?
a) racist people will never change and blacks need to fight them through the court system
b) all men are created equal and America needs to allow blacks to have the same rights and privileges as whites
c) when necessary, black citizens should return violence with violence
d) the only way to gain equality is to riot in the streets in towns where there is racial prejudice and injustice
3. As the presidential inauguration approached, the crowds who would attend Inauguration Day events were expected to number over:
b) 2 million
c) 20 million
4. Who administered the presidential oath of office to Barack Obama?
a) his wife Michelle Obama
b) the Reverend Jeremiah Wright
c) Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi
d) Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts
5. For what cabinet position did President Obama nominate Sen. Hillary Clinton?
a) Secretary of Defense
b) Secretary of State
c) Secretary of Health and Human Services
d) Secretary of Homeland Security
6. Who raised questions about Sen. Clinton’s nomination because of foreign donations to former President Clinton’s charitable foundation?
a) Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich
b) Vice President Joe Biden
c) Republican Senator John Cornyn
d) Republican Senator John McCain
7. What role does the Director of National Intelligence have in the federal government?
a) serves as the head of the Intelligence Community (IC)
b) serves as the assistant to the Director of Homeland Security
c) carries the ‘nuclear football’
d) works in conjunction with the CIA to interrogate terrorists
8. Why does the intelligence community want to link their email and intelligence information into one computer system?
a) to save money
b) to give intelligence analysts access to the greatest amount of information possible
c) President Bush ordered them to do so
d) so that one agency alone won’t get all of the credit for preventing terrorist attacks
9. President Obama signed a presidential order on the Guantanamo Bay detention facility this week to
a) close the prison by the end of the month
b) close the prison by the end of his second term as president
c) establish a task force that will look into the possibility of closing Gitmo in the next few years
d) close the prison within a year
10. President Obama also signed an order this week to:
a) permit the waterboarding interrogation technique to be used on unlawful enemy combatants
b) prohibit the use of embryonic stem cells in scientific research
c) close the secret prisons run by the CIA outside the U.S.
d) allow waterborading to be used on all captured al Qaeda terrorists
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.