DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ Israel has unveiled plans for a new security barrier running along the Israeli border with Egypt with the goal of preventing war refugees from entering Israel.
2. __________________ Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu said of the barrier project: “This is a strategic decision to ensure the Jewish and democratic character of the state of Israel.”
3. __________________ The Chinese government’s announcement this week that its military conducted a successful test of a missile-defense interceptor was unusual because they rarely conduct missile tests.
4. __________________ The Chinese government has consistently urged the U.N. to encourage all member states to develop missile defense systems.
5. __________________ Since launching in China, Google has censored certain search results the Chinese government requested be blocked from its citizens.
6. __________________ The Chinese government has ordered Google to leave China after Google accused Chinese hackers of trying to gain access to its email service in order to spy on Chinese human rights activists.
7. __________________ In addition to Google, Yahoo also abides by China’s censorship rules by blocking certain information searched for by Chinese users.
8. __________________ China has more than 338 million Internet users, and as such is the world’s most populous.
9. __________________ Lt. Gen. Ken Keen, head of the U.S. military relief effort in Haiti, said that military priority is getting relief out to the needy people, and to mitigate the suffering that the Haitian people are experiencing.
10. __________________ The Navy hospital ship USNA Comfort is being sent to Haiti to help with distribution of food and water.