DIRECTIONS: Decide whether the bolded section is true or false. Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false bolded statement to make it true.
1. _____________ The Down Syndrome Protection Act, if passed by Congress, would prohibit the abortion of a child due solely to a diagnosis of possible Down Syndrome.
2. _____________ Forty other states have passed laws prohibiting abortions because of a Down Syndrome diagnosis.
3. _____________ On Saturday, two Russian air force planes carrying a Russian defense official and nearly 100 troops landed in Ukraine at the main airport in the capital.
4. _____________ Reuters used two flight-tracking websites to determine the flight info. They also obtained an eyewitness account of what appeared to be the Russian passenger jet at the airport on Sunday.
5. _____________ NATO voted by a large majority to end daylight savings time changes in the EU by 2021. Each member country will have to decide which time zone they want to be in: permanent Standard time or permanent Daylight Saving time.
6. _____________ Russia moved to permanent Standard time in 2011 in an attempt to improve citizens’ well-being, but changed to permanent Daylight Saving time in 2014 after public complaints.
7. _____________ Dragonfly is a censored search engine Google is secretly building for China’s communist government. It was designed to block any information from users the government does not want them to know, including about human rights, democracy, religion and peaceful protest. Folllowing criticism when the work was revealed by a reporter, Google executives said they would have to more careful about hiding the project from employees and the American public.
8. _____________ After some Google employees recently expressed concern that parts of the censored search engine for China still appear to be under development, Google executives admitted that Dragonfly remains in progress.
9. _____________ National Vietnam War Veterans Day, signed into law by President Trump in 2017, is held on March 29, a date chosen because that was the day in 1973 when the last 2,500 U.S. troops were withdrawn from South Vietnam, and the last of American POWs held in North Vietnam arrived back home.
10. _____________ When veterans returned home from the Vietnam war, they were treated disgracefully by many of their fellow Americans. The objective of the National Vietnam War Veterans Day is to “thank and honor Vietnam veterans and their families for their service and sacrifice on behalf of the Nation, with distinct recognition of former prisoners of war (POWs) and families of those still listed as missing in action (MIA).”