DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true.
1. __________________ A coalition of American Muslim groups is demanding that Sen. Hillary Clinton stop using the adjective “Islamic” to describe terrorists and extremist enemies of the United States.
2. __________________ Presidential candidates Senators John McCain and Barack Obama refrain from using the term “Islamic” to describe terrorists.
3. __________________ Approximately 8% of the U.S. Postal Service budget is used to pay employees.
4. __________________ Approximately 30% percent of all postal routes in the U.S. are done by private contractors.
5. __________________ The United States asked China this week to halt a shipment of weapons to Zimbabwe and stop further sales to that country.
6. __________________ The International Transport Workers Federation (ITF) said it was mobilizing its affiliates in Africa to prevent the Chinese ship from unloading its cargo intended for Zimbabwe.
7. __________________ North Korea’s government was assisting Syria in building a nuclear facility that the Israeli military bombed in September.
8. __________________ U.S. intelligence officials held a press conference this week with reporters to brief them about the Syrian nuclear facility.
9. __________________ President Bush nominated Gen. David Petraeus this week to become the new head of U.S. Central Command.
10. __________________ Gen. Petraeus is currently the Commanding General of the Multi-National Force in Afghanistan (MNF-A).