print Print Cartoon
1. Tone is the attitude a cartoonist takes towards a subject. Which pair of words best describes the tone of this cartoon?
2. Which comic device does the cartoonist use to make his point?
3. What is the point of McCoy’s cartoon?
4. Do you agree with the cartoonist’s assertion? Explain your answer.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the answers.
1. c) sarcastic/humorous
2. a) exaggeration
3. McCoy’s point is that there is no longer much need for nightly TV news programs. Anything reported on nightly news programs has usually been read on the internet earlier in the day–the TV news is not reporting anything new.
4. Opinion question. Answers vary.