print Print Cartoon
1. Cartoonists often use exaggeration to make a point. What point is the cartoonist making through exaggeration?
2. Ask a parent and a grandparent: Do you think the cartoonist is making a fair assertion? Explain your answer.
3. In the U.S., Tax Day is a slang term for the day on which individual income tax returns are due to the federal government. What is the date of tax day?
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the answers.
1. The cartoonist is exaggerating how unpleasant it is to do taxes; he implies that completing annual income tax forms is a painful process, similar to actual torture.
2. Answers vary.
3. Since 1955, Tax Day is usually on April 15. When April 15 falls on a weekend, Emancipation Day, or any other holiday, tax returns are instead due on the following business day. In 2015, Tax Day is April 15. (from wikipedia)