1. To what news item does this cartoon refer?
2. Tone is the attitude a cartoonist takes towards a subject. Which pair of words best describes the tone of this cartoon?
3. Do you think the cartoonist illustrates the feeling of most Republican voters? Explain your answer. (Ask a parent what he/she thinks.)
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the answers.
1. The cartoon refers to the announcement by Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum this week that he is dropping out of the race, leaving front-runner Mitt Romney as the assumed Republican candidate to challenge President Obama.
2. b) resigned/unenthused
3. Opinion question. Answers vary.