The interactive map linked to below is updated every 15 minutes with the latest Associated Press results for the presidential vote and the national electoral count progress bar.
You’ll also find county-level results for governor, U.S. Senate, U.S.
House, and voter initiatives ballots of national interest for the
District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
Answer the questions below using the map.
1. What number of votes did each candidate (Obama and McCain) receive?
2. How many states did each candidate win? (Click on your state to see the results for your county also.)
3. How many electoral votes did each candidate receive?
4. Look at the results for Senate and House races in your state. Who won each race?
5. a) Define gubernatorial.
b) List the states that had gubernatorial races this year.
6. Did your state have any voter initiatives on the ballot? If so, what were the results?
(For more details about ballot measures, go to iandr.org.)
7. One of the most controversial ballot measures was Proposition 8 in California, which would add an amendment to the state constitution that says a marriage is legal between one man and one woman only. What was the outcome of this vote?